This Month’s Newsletter – Topic How to stop giving away your personal power
Welcome to my April Newsletter!
April is one of my favourite months, it’s my birth month, but also the weather is really starting change for the better and everyone is feeling so much lighter after the long winter months, the spring flowers are in bloom and everything looks so much brighter. There always seems to me to be a sense of hope and renewal.
The world seems to be in such crisis and there seems to be so much violence and killing in every part of the globe. If you listen to the news or read the newspapers, you very quickly can become anxious and depressed and live in fear. Although we should not bury our heads in the sand completely, my advice to you is stop listening to the news, stop buying into the constant barrage of media hype and negativity. Bad news sells airspace good news doesn’t. Perhaps check into the world matters a couple of times a week so you are not completely in the dark if you need to, otherwise turn of the news, don’t buy the newspapers and look after what is immediate to you and where you can make a difference and you can help people. Peace starts within, and this is one of the ways we can make a difference, if you feel calmer inside and more peaceful then you can help others feel the same.
My Website is being redesigned so is not totally up to date on all workshops and events, please contact me directly if you need additional information. I will also post out dates and details for each event separately. I apologise for any inconvenience.
So to really start this renewal and to help you really move forward in your life and understanding your bodies energy system, by popular demand I will be also teaching the Intense Healing and learning workshops the Chakra experience ‘Healing Journey through our Chakras’ throughout the year, starting in May in Bahrain.
This will be in 3 parts over the course of 9 months.
If you book early there are substantial early bird discounts and packages available, just contact me or 8 Mansions Directly for the costs. Details of the workshops are below. They are highly recommended and ideal for everyone.
Many other workshops will also be available over the next few months in Bahrain and in Kuwait
Myself and my friend the amazing Yogini Pauline Heng, will be holding a healing retreat this Autumn in Cesme, Turkey 13th – 17th October. Details will be sent out soon, and we will limit the attendance. If you are interested in joining us please let me know so as I can put you on the list.
Pauline and I specialize in releasing and healing emotions. Everything will be tailor made for each individual. We will between us find out where you are holding your emotions, what they are, and you will be helped to release and heal them with Yoga, Crystals, Essences, Reiki, meditation and deep release techniques. It will be a very special retreat in a resort with hot thermal baths, great food and we will encourage fun and laughter to bring happiness into your very soul. We are very excited about it.
Just as a reminder I am available for private appointments in Bahrain and in Kuwait. Private workshops are also available just contact me for your requirements and I will tailor make them for your group/company.
I am looking forward to seeing many of you very soon in the classes and in person.
Many people I speak too about the loss of their personal power, or they don’t feel they have control over their lives, so this month’s Topic is about how to stop giving your power away. I hope you enjoy it.
Love and peaceful blessings
Topic of the Month – How to stop giving away your personal power
Most of us at some time in our lives have been victims, a victim of circumstance, so to speak, myself included. Some of you reading this actually subconsciously and consciously enjoy being victims. However when you find yourself as a victim or think yourself as one, you probably wondered why things didn’t work out in your favour, thought things like how did I get so “unlucky.” Perhaps you like many other people reading this have often pushed to create the things that you wanted, forcing them to happen; if you couldn’t, you would or do live out the fantasy in your mind. Doing this you may not realise that you maybe unconsciously creating these scenarios to learn about your own power.
It is very common for us to relinquish our power, to give it away without realizing. We do this on a daily basis sometimes and this behaviour becomes a habitual cycle of disempowerment. For example, here are some of the comments we make are actually disempowering:
“I didn’t get the job that I wanted”
“My relationship is falling apart”
“My health is in shambles”
“I can’t seem to make enough money”
“ My weight gain is out of control”
“I will never meet the right life partner”
“I will never be happy”
“Nothing ever goes right me”
These are the types of thoughts that make us feel powerless. When we feel powerless, we get stuck in a cycle of creating difficult situations that make us feel even more powerless.
What is power?
Power is ultimately the ability to create a desired result. It’s the ability to attract and create circumstances that lead to our gain, which in turn build our own sense of power. In other words, we become even more powerful each time we use our power responsibly to create what we want; it has a cumulative effect.
One of the key reasons we may shy away from or suppress our own power is because we are afraid of creating negative consequences. There are plenty of examples throughout history where power has been misused with dire outcomes. The ultimate fear is using our power to dominate others. If we become powerful will we fall victim to the same fate? If I become successful and powerful will I lose my friends and family, will my marriage/partnership fall apart
Deep down, we probably all want to feel powerful in some way. We all know the power we have inside of us to create reality. It is up to us to notice the signs of giving our power away so we can consciously “reclaim” it. Marianne Williamson says it so beautifully, when she wrote “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.”
As human beings we have a natural desire to feel powerful, so when we don’t feel powerful in our own right, we will often orchestrate our outer lives in a way that makes us feel powerful. For example, We may try to control others’ behaviour, or we try to dominate and bend people to our will, or by acquiring unnecessary possessions, even spreading gossip or deliberately sabotaging other people’s lives in the work place or even in relationships.
However, this only results in a deeper feeling of disempowerment and disillusionment about what it takes to have the lives we desire. We seek to control the things we feel we can control, rather than tapping into our own innate power source. We can become control freaks. We will often take out our feelings on other people perhaps in a bullying way as we feel it is wielding our power!
Why do you give your power away? The more power you have, the more responsibility you have to use it wisely. A great example is someone who earns millions of dollars a year: they have to then manage that money, which requires a great amount of responsibility for what happens to it. So, the less money you earn, the less money you have to manage, and the less responsibility you have.
Many people don’t want to take on a higher level of responsibility, as they would then have to face their deepest fears of feeling inadequate and powerless. With power comes the responsibility of being conscious of your choices and how they impact your reality. What will you choose?
It is common for spiritually aware people to give their power away because they are aware that their actions could harm people or the planet in ways they have witnessed in others. Yet what they don’t realise is the harm they are doing to themselves because they are turning their power inwards and creating unnecessary problems and dramas in their own lives, especially their relationships, their finances, and/or their health.
How do you know when you’re giving your power away?
As a result of not wanting to acknowledge and action and use our power, we “give it away” We often do this without knowing that we make things outside of us rulers of our realities. Here are some signs you may be stuck in this cycle of giving away your power.
• Addictions – When we become addicted to anything, foods, shopping, smart phones, technology, drugs, alcohol, gambling, TV shows, sex, pets, people and so on, we are giving our power to that external “thing.” We allow it to control our behaviour over and over again. The underlying belief is that we cannot be happy, be ourselves, or be free without that “thing,” so we keep going back for more to get our “fix.”
• Repetitive Relationship Patterns – When you find yourself facing the same difficult scenarios in relationships, whether it’s with the same person or different people, you are stuck in a repetitive behavioural pattern of giving your power to your partner as well as taking your power from your partner. This pattern usually shows up as blame, resentment, over-dependence, and in the same arguments that keep arising. Underlying this cycle is the belief that “I need someone else to give me xyzzzzzz ( whatever your need is)
• Financial Challenges – Money problems are a tell-tale sign of giving our power away, simply because we need to feel powerful, to some degree, to create wealth and abundance. It is common to let money dictate how we feel about ourselves, yet it is the other way around: our money situation is often a reflection of how powerful we feel.
• Health Issues – When we have pain, illness, or dis-ease in our bodies, it is a sign that we are out of balance; that we are giving power to heal ourselves away. We all have the power within us to create good health, but when we develop physical dis-ease our bodies are communicating to us that we are losing our life force energy; this energy is needed to heal.
• Depression – Depression sometimes happens when we feel out of control in our lives. We don’t feel like we can change the status quo to create what we want, so we “opt out” of life to some degree. What precedes depression is often a feeling that you cannot control, such as grief or anger. So in effect in some cases, a depressed person is suppressing their power, and controlling what they can control, feeling nothing. Of course clinical depression is more serious and needs help.
Reclaiming your personal power – Once you recognize the signs and you are willing to reclaim your power, it can shift within you very quickly, and your outer reality subsequently changes.
There are many techniques to reclaim your power, but the most effective and fast-acting one that I’ve come across is to look at how your relationship with power began by asking: “Which part of me doesn’t want to grow up and realize how powerful I truly am?”
The act of giving our power away often begins at a young age, it’s our way of getting what we want. If you can pinpoint the age where you consciously chose to give away your power for the first time, you can speak to this younger version of yourself and invite her/him to make a different choice. This is a very simple technique which can have a profound impact on living a more powerful life.
Step into Action – Tips to help you
• In your journal write down what area/s of your life you feel you have lost your power
• Write down things that you say to yourself or others about yourself that are disempowering
• Look at the patterns of where or how you are giving your power away.
• Ask yourself, “Which part of me doesn’t want to grow up and realize how powerful I truly am?
• If possible pinpoint the age you consciously chose to give your power away for the first time, do this by sitting quietly with yourself and talking to your younger self and invite that younger self to help you make a change and different choice.
• If you find this hard practice it a few times
• Or book a session with me and let me help you to tune into this younger self.
• We can all change our lives and we can all take our power back, it is always our choice. Only you can change your life!
Love yourself, you are worth it!
Forthcoming Workshops and Events
Reservations are essential for all workshops. Please contact me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
or 8 Mansions in Bahrain Tel 17594575. Payment can be made directly to 8 Mansions open 11am – 8pm
In Kuwait the contact is 00965 22960602
Healing Journey through the Chakras – 3 part series – Understanding, Healing and incorporating the basic human rights using many different techniques.
Part 1 – What the Chakras are, working intensively on the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus and Aura
Date : 27th 28th May
Time : 1030am – 430pm
Venue – Grand Elite Hotel – Seef
Part 2 – Heart, Throat and Brow and Subtle Bodies
Date : October – Dates will be decided at the May Event
Time : 1030am – 430pm
Venue : Grande Elite Hotel – Seef
Part 3 – Crown, Soul Star and Earth Star and Subtle Bodies
Date : February 2016 – Date will be decided at May Event
Time : 1030am – 430pm
Venue : Grande Elite Hotel – Seef
Early Bird package price available
Healing the Emotional Heart – with Julie
Understanding and Cleaning the Aura – with Julie
Healing with Clear Quartz and High Vibrational Crystals – with Julie
Angelic Connections – with Julie
June – Kuwait –
Importance of being grounded
Date : 13th – 17th October 2015
Healing Retreat – Cesme – Turkey – Inviting Emotional Health and Happiness
With Julie Lomas and Pauline Heng
Virginia Beach – August 2015
Angelic Connections and Crystals Therapy